East Haven Public Schools
Continued Educational Learning
It has been almost two weeks since schools closed in East Haven and we miss our students! Although we will remain closed at this point until April 20th, per the Governor’s order, we are looking forward to reconnecting with our students as part of our online continued educational learning.
Please read the critical information below to help you prepare for your child’s continued schooling.
CONTINUED EDUCATIONAL LEARNING ONLINE
- All K-12 students will need a Chromebook or device and an internet connection for our online learning
- We will launch our K-12 continued education learning on April 1st for all students
- Classes WILL be held during the week of April vacation (April 13th-17th) so plan on having your child prepared to work during this time
- There will be no classes on Good Friday (April 10th) and Memorial Day (May 25th)
- Soon you will receive more information and details from your child’s school and teachers
We recognize that this is a big shift for all of us. While uncomfortable, and filled with unknowns, it remains a great opportunity for all of us to explore and grow together as an educational community. We ask that you be patient with us, and yourselves, as we navigate this new and exciting time together.
Erica Forti, Superintendent
Educativo Continuo en Línea
¡Han pasado casi dos semanas desde que las escuelas cerraron en East Haven y extrañamos a nuestros estudiantes! Aunque seguiremos cerrados en este punto hasta el 20 de abril por orden del Gobernador, esperamos volver a conectarnos con nuestros estudiantes como parte de nuestro aprendizaje educativo continuo en línea.
Lea la información crítica a continuación para ayudarlo a prepararse para la educación continua de su hijo/a
APRENDIZAJE EDUCATIVO CONTINUO EN LÍNEA
- Todos los estudiantes de K-12 necesitarán un Chromebook o dispositivo y una conexión a Internet para nuestro aprendizaje en línea.
- Lanzaremos nuestro aprendizaje de educación continua K-12 el 1 de Abril para todos los estudiantes
- Las clases se llevarán a cabo durante la semana de vacaciones de abril (del 13 al 17 de Abril), así que planifique que su hijo/a esté preparado para trabajar durante este tiempo.
- No habrá clases el Viernes Santo (10 de Abril) y el Día de los Caídos en Guerra (25 de Mayo)
- Pronto recibirá más información y detalles de la escuela y los maestros de su hijo/a.
Reconocemos que este es un gran cambio para todos nosotros. Si bien es incómodo y está lleno de incógnitas, sigue siendo una gran oportunidad para que todos exploremos y crezcamos juntos como comunidad educativa. Les pedimos que sean pacientes con nosotros y con ustedes mismos mientras navegamos juntos por este nuevo y emocionante momento.
Erica Forti, Superintendente
East Haven Parents and Guardians,
In an effort to continue being proactive and exercise an abundance of caution, and in accordance with the order from the State of Connecticut Governor, all East Haven Public Schools will remain closed until April 20th, at the earliest, to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, COVID-19. School buildings have all been cleaned and sanitized during this time and they will remain closed to the public. Please continue to reference the CDC website [link] for information on protecting yourself and your family. Specific information will be forthcoming regarding distance learning beginning April 1st.
COVID-19 has caused many changes in the healthcare community. Community Health Center, Inc. wants to make sure patients and their families stay informed about new healthcare opportunities. SBHC is pleased to offer medical and behavioral health video or phone visits with secure, confidential telehealth service. This will allow providers to continue to meet with your child while schools are closed. Click the link to the right to learn more.
During the time your child is home, you can use the Spring into Success activity plans to provide your children with some learning time each day. We understand that many families face challenges, and so we have tried to make our offerings as flexible as possible. If you would like to request a paper packet of materials for home use, please call (203) 468-3860 and provide your child’s name and child’s grade level. Copies can be mailed to you, or picked up at one of our meal pick up sites starting Wednesday, March 18.
During the time your child is home, they can continue to access the majority of applications found within their Clever Portal. Clever works on any web-enabled device including PCs, Macs and Chromebooks. Students should choose the "Log in with Google" option.
East Haven Public Schools has been working closely with the East Shore District Health Department (ESDHD) regarding 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) planning. The ESDHD is in regular communication with our local town officials and Connecticut Department of Public Health, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the health and safety of our community.
Due to our school closure related to COVID-19, the East Haven School Lunch Program will operate meal service for all persons (18 and under) under the direction of the CT State Department of Education version of the Summer Food Service Program.
In the News
Connect with Us
Oral Language Development