1. HAVE FUN! Eat Healthy, and Exercise!
2. There is a $20. Registration fee which must be paid during your first weigh-in. (Fee to cover prize money only.)
3. First weigh-in must take place March 2nd through March. 13th by the designated recorder for your building (nurse if possible or volunteer willing to keep all information confidential, not participating in the contest) using the school nurse’s scale.
4. Weigh-ins will occur every Thursday weeks 2-12. If you choose not to weigh-in during weeks 2-11, there will be a $2. Penalty fee assessed. This is your motivation… Weigh-ins are effective at keeping us on track! TEAM Captains will collect penalties.
5. If you gain weight from week 1 to week 12 there will be a $2. Per pound fee charged. (You gain 6 pounds during the 12-week contest; you owe an additional $12.) No penalty will be assessed for a week-to-week gain.
6. All weigh-ins must be done on the same scale as the first weigh-in. (Example: Momauguin Staff will use Momauguin Nurse’s scale each of the 12 weeks.)
7. Weight loss is calculated by percentage only. The starting weight, ending weight, or loss in pounds will not be shared for any individual. Percentage of body weight loss will be calculated by taking actual weight subtracted from initial weight, divided by initial weight, then multiply by 100. (Example Starting weight:175 After 6 weeks weight is 168. 175-168= 7. 7 divided by 175= 0.04 0.04 x100 = 4%)
8. There will be 3 individual winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, decided by highest percentage of weight lost. In the event of a tie, the prize money will be split accordingly. (3 way tie, prize split into 3 equal shares.)
9. All additional funds collected will be allocated for the TEAM/Building Prize. The Building TEAM with the highest weight loss percentage for all participants collectively will be awarded the remaining funds for use supporting a school function. Money will be turned over to the building PTO.
10. All participants are expected to eat healthy, drink plenty of water.
11. It is recommended that you consult you physician before starting a weight loss/exercise regimen.
Signing this form means I have read and agree to the rules of this competition. I agree to participate in a voluntary activity and that I am entering at my own risk. I will not hold the East Haven Board of Education responsible for injuries or illness associated with this contest.
X___________________________________________ Date __________________